Since we’re really into coaching and helping CEOs, entrepreneurs, and business owners bring their company to the next level, we decided to join the APX mentor network not so long ago. APX is a Berlin-based early-stage VC and a joint-venture between Axel Springer and Porsche. They offer startups a tailormade program that they can join on a rolling basis.
Check out all the details of their program here.
“APX is a joint-venture between Axel Springer and Porsche, two best in class companies in their respective industries.”
There’s a mentoring day coming up on November 21. Here are some of the startups who will have the opportunity to meet and learn from the APX mentor network.
- Defudger Defudger is a complex detection tool for the verification of digital content. Our solution reveals forgery and falsification of images, videos and deepfakes with the highest accuracy of any detection tool.
- MedLink MedLink is the first digital solution to reduce acute skills shortages and cost pressures in healthcare by better assisting medical organizations in managing their human resources planning.
- Perfometry Perfometry is an online technology platform that provides businesses with a variety of technical solutions to influence internal corporate dynamics and corporate culture.
- Rectag RecTag creates authentic local communities globally through an engaging voice based social network.
- Unown Unown is the carefree leasing destination for sustainable fashion. Wear something new and beautiful every day without the hassle of getting rid of old clothes.
- Yolife Yolife is an app that helps people live longer in good health and avoid age-related diseases. Our vision is to add 15 healthy years to at least 1 million people.
Leapfrogging your skills and growth
Starting a business is a pretty cool project, but it comes with its load of stress, problems, and surprises. Let’s be honest there’s a growing number of discussions around startups and burnouts simply because it’s a massive problems. It’s a tough road ahead.
Still if you like learning and developing new skills and can handle the roller-coaster, I don’t think there’s a better project to work on than launching your own business. You learn to sell, strategize, decide, plan, communicate, motivate, scale, research, align, etc.
But depending on where you’re starting from as an individual, this can be a lot to take on.
One of the advantages of getting support from business mentors is that you can avoid wasting time and learn from other’s mistakes and experience.
Why take the long road when you can take a valuable tried and tested shortcut?
Mentors have most probably run into similar problems than the ones you’re facing. As I explained in my Free video training on scaling up your business, there’s only three major types of problems in business. What if they could help you fix them faster, better?
Wouldn’t you jump on the opportunity?
Expand your network to 10x your results
There’s more to working with a coach, growth consultant, or mentor. It can give you the opportunity to 10x the size of your network with high quality people, potential new employees, investors, customers, etc.
And as you grow and scale your business, you definitely need all of the above.
When you run a business speed is critical. Especially if you’re just starting and have investors breathing down your neck. This is where leveraging the network of your mentors and coaches to make sure you save time and find high-quality people becomes handy.
Why not 10x the size of your network with high quality people so that you can 10x your results?
Looking for ways to speed up your growth?
If you’re one of those who apply what they learn and are ready to take action, I’d highly recommend that you take on a growth coach.